Greg Fogg, Head Coach MCHS Cross Country / Track & Field:
- Coaching Experience: Coaching XC / Track & Field at MCHS since 2004. Also have over 18 years’ combined experience coaching in Rincon Valley Soccer League, CYO, Rincon Valley Little League, and 1 year for Maria Carrillo Girls Basketball.
- Running Background: Competed in both XC / Track & Field at Piner, Rancho Cotate High School, SRJC, Chico State University, finished running career at University of Alabama (Roll Tide!). Received numerous local High School “Coach of the Year” honors over past 15 years, inducted in both Piner and Rancho Cotate Athletic Hall of Fame. Hold track school records at Rancho Cotate and SRJC, High School 3mile XC PR of 15:27; College PRs in 1500m 3:48 (4:06 mile equivalent) and 8:58 3K Steeple. Still run and keep up between 20-30 miles/week year round.
- Coaching Philosophy: To help our athletes reach their true potential; to promote improvement through running as a platform, to show our athletes that success in running has the same ingredients as success in life and with the right level of commitment, dedication and hard work, you can achieve and often far surpass, your goals!
- Personal: Born in Castro Valley, lived in Sonoma County for over 45 years.Currently working at Keysight Technologies, Inc. (30 years and counting with Hewlett Packard-Agilent-Keysight and 5 years working for two companies in Silicon Valley), Married to Lisa (33 years, from New Jersey, met at U of Alabama) have 4 children, Leanne, Garrett, Andi and Savannah. Have lived in Rincon Valley for the past 25 years, currently rebuilding our house due to the wildfires of ’17 (scheduled to move back in October ’19!).
- Something Interesting about me: I lived in 18 different places by the time I was 18 years old.
- Favorite Band: Rolling Stones
- Favorite Book: Unbroken
- Favorite Movie: Legends of the Fall
Leanne West, Assistant Coach MCHS Cross Country / Track & Field:
- Coaching Experience: Head Cross Country and Track & Field coach at Cloverdale High School for 3 years; currently coaching at MCHS since taking a science teaching position at the school.
- Running Background: Competed in both XC and Track & Field at RVMS, MCHS, and at Cal Poly State University. Mainly completed in the 3k steeplechase in college (former school record holder; 10:17) and the 1500m (4:24). Individual qualifier for NCAA Cross Country Nationals. I now enjoy running with my husband, our puppy (Jessy), the old man, and the MCHS team.
- Personal: Born in Santa Rosa and Greg’s oldest kid. Attended Cal Poly State University in San Luis Obispo to obtain a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Biology (focused on plant genetics). Attended Dominican University in San Rafael to obtain a teaching credential, and taught science in Cloverdale (prior to MCHS) for 4 years. Currently teaching Biology at MCHS and married to Ben West (a former collegiate baseball athlete who enjoys to run as well). We love running, surfing, skiing, baseball, hiking, and summer breaks!
- Something Interesting about me: Adopted a dog from Taiwan and turned her into a runner.
- Favorite band: Mumford & Sons
- Favorite Book: The Alchemist
- Favorite movie: The Sandlot
Additional coach bios — coming soon!