MCHS XC 2021 RUNNERS OF THE WEEK — click here
WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS WEEK (STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS)
- Thursday, 11/25: Thanksgiving Holiday (run 3-4 miles EZ pace OYO after lunch/before dinner)
- Friday, 11/26 (9:00 AM): Click here to download the MCHS XC 2021 ITENERARY
- LINK to CIF State Championship Meet Bulletin
Event Website: https://www.cifstate.org/sports/cross_country/champ_info/index
Live Results: https://www.rtspt.com/events/cif/xc2021/
- Leaving for Fresno/Woodward Park (final Varsity roster and driving details TBD after NCS)
- 3:00-3:30 PM: Arrive at Woodward Park; meet at Starting Line
- 4:00-5:30 PM: Shake-out run on 5K course > strides from starting line
- 6:00 PM: Check into Hotel: Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, 327 E. Fir Ave. Fresno, CA 93720 (room assignments TBD; Varsity alternates welcome!)
- 6:30-7:30 PM: Dinner (details TBD)
- 8:00 PM: Team Meeting
- 10:00 PM: Lights out
- Saturday, 11/27 CIF Championships! LINK to CIF State Championship Meet Bulletin
- Boys Roster (TBD) / Boys Race: 8:30 AM / Awards 10:00
- Girls Roster (TBD) / Girls Race: 9:30 AM / Awards 10:40
- Team Lunch (TBD)
IMPORTANT TRAINING UPDATE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON!
Lots of great pics/Link to Michael Lucid photos from 10/6/21 meet vs. Piner: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mclucid/albums/72157719986549509
Rankings and Pumas in The News
Training Updates and Results
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats Interlock at Casa 09012021
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats at Ed Sias Invite 09112021
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats at Viking Opener 09182021
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats at Woodbridge Invite 09182021
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats at NBL #1 vs. Windsor 09292021
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats at NBL #2 vs. Piner 10062021
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats at Clovis Invitational 10092021
- MCHS XC 2021 Race Summary XCStats at NBL #3 vs. Monty 10132021
2021 Cross Country Season Information
MCHS 2021 XC team practice starts 5 days a week starting Monday, August 9th; 4-6 pm (pick-up drop-off at MCHS near the entrance to track) except Wed 3:15-5:30, which will match the new MCHS class schedule and we’ll keep that consistent throughout the season! We will be driving to the park 3-4 times a week and we need your help. Be sure to tell your child, if they are not allowed to be driven by students for the ~5-minute drive to various park locations, we’ll be sure a coach or parent drives them…
- Bookmark the Cross Country page, which has the latest and greatest information (This page)
- Sign up for Remind text alerts (see instructions below).
We strive to be student-focused and parent-friendly (we can’t do this without our amazing parents). If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us:
- Coach Greg Fogg, firstname.lastname@example.org, (707) 291-2967
- Team Parent, Dana Kapustka email@example.com and Samantha Donohue, firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Weeks Activities
- Sign-up: XC Driving Needs
- Saturday, 9/11: Ed Sias Invite!
- Ed Sias XC Invite Meet Itinerary
- Ed Sias Hidden Valley 2.0 Mile
- Ed Sias Split Sheets/Roster (Targeted pacing for each athlete)
- For those interested, this worksheet lists all MCHS XC athletes for each of our team’s eight (8) races in the upcoming Ed Sias Invite, with Greg’s predicted or “Target” pacing for each athlete. FYI: The last column is based on “Target Finish Time” as a reference to where each athlete would have placed in each race based on actual Ed Sias 2019 results.
- Video review including elevation and fly-0ver of Hidden Valley Park 2-Mile Course Map
- Funny: Former Asst. Coach Russ Pugh breaks down the Ed Sias course!
- 9/18: Split-Squad Racing!
- Wednesday, 9/1: Casa XC Interlock 5K Itinerary
- Wednesday, 9/1: Casa XC Interlock 5K course map
- Fri, 10/8: Clovis Itinerary — click here
- Clovis Roster leaves from MCHS parking lot 10 am (see Clovis Itinerary for more details)
- EVERYONE ELSE: Practice OYO
GPS Running Watch: for those still looking for a GPS running watch, the Garmin Forerunner 35 is easy to function and $99 on Amazon (link to purchase).