Runners of The Week
NBL Meet #4: Maria Carrillo High School vs. Santa Rosa (Pictures coming soon)
Boys: Jacob Donohue
Girls: Ashley Busienei and Brooke Cregan
https://www.robcookphotography.com/Sports/SRHS/Cross-Country/2021-Panther-Cross-Country/Maria-Carrillo-Santa-Rosa/ (photos from Santa Rosa High School Parent Rob Cook)
NBL Meet #3: Maria Carrillo High School vs. Montgomery High School
NBL Meet #2: Piner High School vs Maria Carrillo High School
NBL Meet #1: Windsor High School vs Maria Carrillo High School
NBL XC 21′ Meet History
- End of the MCHS XC ’21 Season NBL Race Stats
- NBL Meet #1: Windsor High School vs Maria Carrillo High School
- NBL Meet #2: Piner High School vs Maria Carrillo High School
- NBL Meet #3: Maria Carrillo High School vs Montgomery High School
- NBL Meet #4: Maria Carrillo High School vs Santa Rosa High School
MCHS Athlete Warm-up Routine:
…When you arrive 1 hour before the start of your race: Find your team members, get your racing competitor # and everything together, then stick together with your teammates, warming up for a 1 mile EZ pace run on the course (stay together!)
- 30 minutes before start of your race: You should be doing your form drills and sticking around the starting line area… (better to start this part of your warm-up ~45 min. before your race start time):
- 20 minutes before start your race: You should be wrapping up form drills > finish with leg swings/walking stretches (Varsity athletes: OK to incorporate a ~600m tempo about 7 minutes before your race as part of your warm-up)
- 10 minutes before start of your race: Do 2 x 40-50m strides > meet with coach for final instructions > do 1 last 40-50m stride (try to at least “break a sweat”) 2-3 minutes before your race > YOU’RE READY TO RACE!
IMPORTANT: EVERONE NEEDS TO COOL-DOWN!!! This consists of 2 miles EZ jogging; good to incorporate 2 laps barefoot on turf if you can get that in and some stretching/rolling; this is very important to “shake-out” the race in your legs, if you don’t do this, you will be super-tight the next day…!
MCHS XC ’21 Distance Training for 2/8/21 – 3/20/21 (6 wks) update as of Feb 10, 2021:
TRAINING EMPHASIS: This 6 week training phase is geared towards preparation/transition to next “VO2-max” Phase Workouts! …Make no doubt, we are preparing/training for track, so let’s use this time to continue building strength and foundation fitness so we can really hit-it hard after Spring Break > April > May!
MCHS XC Practice Highlights for this timeframe:
- Practices are Monday thru Friday 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Saturday practices are 9 – 10:30/11:00 AM with groups training OYO (locations TBD).
- Some groups are training off-campus, but Training Leads need to text Greg to keep him apprised of those situations
- Training Cohorts are now identified in 4 Groups (Varsity Boys, JV Boys, Varsity Girls and JV Girls)
- All XC practices on MCHS campus must be socially distanced and while on campus, athletes must wear a mask 100% of the time!
- Note: For some practices/depending on the workouts, Coach Greg will allow groups to check-in on MCHS Campus, then run OYO off-campus, but SoCo Health Order guidelines/safety protocol still apply
- For most, you will be taking “off” or taking a down week for Spring Break March 22 – March 26, then be ready for the first day of Track & Field practice on Monday, March 29th!
- XC 21′ Training Plan Feb 8 – March 20th
2021 Cross Country Season Information
- Bookmark the Cross Country page, which has the latest and greatest information (This page)
- Sign up for Remind text alerts (see instructions below).
- Enter this as the phone number: 81010
- Enter this as the message: @pumaxc2020
- Hit send.
We strive to be student-focused and parent-friendly (we can’t do this without our amazing parents). If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us:
- Coach Greg Fogg, email@example.com, (707) 291-2967
- Team Parent Dana Kapustka, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent (and Webmaster) Samantha Donohue, email@example.com