Why We Need Your Support
There are many costs attributed to athletics that cannot be totally sustained through school funds. It also takes thousands of hours of volunteer time to host meets, drive students, take photos, and much more. We rely on our team families to volunteer, as well as to help raise funds for purchasing of uniforms, equipment, first aid supplies, awards, paying for meet entry fees and providing student transportation.
- Fact: the cost of the transportation for Track & Field alone traditionally, totals more than $3000 each season!
- In the past, buses were paid for with a transportation fee that was required to participate in school athletics. Recent legal changes have resulted in schools not requiring transportation fees.
- Below are some ways you can help…
Dine and Donate
MCHS Track and Field will be hosting 3 dine and donate nights at La Cantina Mexican Cusine & Bar. 20% of Sales will go directly to support the team on the following dates.
- 4/10 5-9 PM
- 4/17 5-9 PM
- 4/24 5-9 PM
Suggested Minimum Donation
At this time, we are asking for a suggested minimum donation of $80 per student-athlete to supplement our additional team expenses. For those who can give more, we would welcome the ability to extend the program even further. Please be assured that a donation is not a condition of participation in this athletic program!
The donation form is on the first page of the team handbook.
For parents who own or manage a local business that would be interested in sponsoring a banner to hang on the outside perimeter of our home track this season, these can be purchased for a single sport, or multiple sports, or as a general donation to all athletic teams.
Join Puma Athletic Boosters (PAB)!
The Puma Athletic Boosters is a non-profit organization raising funds to help support the athletic teams and student athletes for Maria Carrillo High School of Santa Rosa, California. Visit their page to donate using PayPal or download their current donation form:
In addition to a suggested minimum donation, we are asking each family to volunteer at least four hours per season. To sign-up volunteer opportunities on the Parent’s page. Here are a few examples of volunteerism from past seasons:
- Help us run our hosted track meets (this year we are co-hosting the Twilight Invitational with SRJC and need over 35 volunteers.
- We will host 2 league meets this season that requires 15 volunteers.
- We will also be hosting NCS Redwood Empire Championships that requires over 20 volunteers.