Fall/Winter Training Information (Updated: 9/15/19)
Coach Greg has posted the following information for sprinters and hurdlers planning to participate in the 2020 Track & Field Season.
2019 Program Overview:
|Our roster is open through mid-February!|
|Practice is held right after school, 5 days a week:
|There are 16 events in track & field. There is an event for every athlete (distance in meters, 1 track lap = 400 meters):
|We go to 12 competitions mainly locally or in the Bay Area, including seven invite meets and NBL Finals in May.|
|There are generally no cuts, as long as you are willing to commit and work hard.|
|Come be part of our winning tradition!
Head Coach: Coach Greg Fogg
- Distance: Coach Greg Fogg, with the help of Marion Maassen, Sue Philip and Leanne West (MCHS class of ’07)
- Sprints: Coach Mark Giangiacomo, Russ Pugh with help from Greg Fogg
- Throws: Coach Tim Armstrong, with help from Coach Nick Diaz (MCHS class of ’12)
- Hurdles: Coach Greg Fogg, with occasional “clinics” from Coach Ian Myers
- High Jump: Coach Russ Pugh
- Pole Vault: Coach Bruce Hotaling
- Long/Triple Jump: Coach Mark Giangiacomo, with help from Greg Fogg
Event Performance Standards:
- Athletes are generally required to achieve the performance standard for their event(s) by the second competition of the season.
- Those who don’t achieve the standard may be encouraged to try another track and field event or may be allowed to continue at the coach’s discretion (weighed heavily on effort, attitude, and improvement trajectory).